Friday 26 February 2016

The Kitchen Stools

The Kitchen Stools

I've managed to find White Ash wood at the local supplier. White Ash is as good looking as Oak, but not as expensive. I found it much easier to work with than Oak. The cost of the wood for three stools was less than one stool in the shop.

I scanned through the Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse and found a stool design, by David K., idea that will not be to complicated to build, yet still attractive.


I've tried making the mortises using only my router's guide, but the progress was slow and accurasy was not up to standard. So I spend some time creating jigs.  


...and the results were much more accurate and faster to complete.


The tenons was a bit more of a challenge,  but worth the effort.


By added a bit of wood stain I've managed to get a close oak look alike finished product. 



Stool one completed. Two more to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment